BY ENSURING RIGHTS AND ENTITLEMENTS AND BY CREATING LIVELIHOOD MODEL
PROJECT PERIOD: 2018 to 2020
16 partner villages
⦁ These 16 villages- affected by the 1993-98 Kuki-Naga conflict
⦁ loss of life and property
⦁ bad road connectivity.
⦁ least developed due to minimal government reach
Haikot, SL Zougam, T.Huimol, Tonglhang, Khoibu, Yamolching, Biyang, Maryland, M.Ringpam, Gomi, Thabikeithel, Nungtak, Bongmol, Konaitong, Tollen and Parengtong
4 ethnic tribes: Kuki, Tangkhul, Khoibu and Maring.
The program goal is to improve the quality of life by strengthening community’s capacity by ensuring rights and entitlements by creating awareness about social security schemes, gender mainstreaming, peace building to enact positive change, improve planning and promote sustainable positive change.
- WSDC formed CBOs in all the project villages to assist us in proper implementation of the program.
- Strengthened the formed CBOs through capacity building workshops.
- Conducted awareness on Government Social security schemes so that the rights holders are well informed of each of the schemes and the rights.
- Link the CBOs with the concerned line departments so that they can avail the various schemes of the government.
- Conducted building capacity workshop for civil society organizations to advocate women’s participation in governance processes, address their grievances and make them agent of change.
- Sensitized the leaders of the 16 project villages on the tools of LCP so that they apply in the existing institutions for sustaining peace.
In the absence of banking facilities, villagers from hinterland come to urban centers to open bank accounts. But most of them would not maintain their account as they have to travel long distances. So their account would go dormant and many people are unable to receive Government benefits. Without the knowledge of basic banking procedures, WSDC helped many villagers to activate their dormant account so that they can avail the various schemes.